C.W. Brown has been manufacturing meat products and breakfast sausages since 1887. In 1965, Robert Botto Sr., purchased C.W. Brown and began manufacturing Botto’s Brand Italian Sausage and Meatballs, while continuing the C.W. Brown Breakfast Sausage Brand. For more information, please feel free to visit the SQFI website or call our facility directly. Our facility is also Halal Certified for manufacturing & packaging of Halal products.
For more information on our Quality Management Systems, Food Safety, and Regulatory Affairs programs & process, please contact our Quality & Regulatory Operations Department.
C. W. Brown Foods, Inc. Quality Regulatory Operations
Our company has been at the forefront of meat and sausage manufacturing since 1887. Our USDA-FDA Plant number is 8871. Our SQFI Level III certification number is 641986.
Producer transparency and food safety are our commitments to you, both as our customer and a consumer. We are obligated to ensure complete safety of the meat and sausage products we produce and their delivery to your plate. With that obligation, we require the same transparency in food safety practices from our Suppliers, Contractors, Service Providers, Contracted Service Providers and Vendors.
With to our commitment to protect consumers, customers and stakeholders, we strongly believe that every customer and consumer expect that our products are consistently in compliance with all regulatory requirements. The consumer expectation of their food being safe 100% of the time is the goal we reach for every day. Our programs consist of HACCP, GMP, continuous improvements, professional training, best practices, and regulatory activities from suppliers to ensure the safety of our products on your plates.
Our company is SQF Level III certified in 3 food safety sector categories 8, 20, and 26. Our quality, food safety and regulatory programs have consistently achieved an Excellent rating and we strive daily to maintain this rating. Quality, food safety and service are our highest priorities with respect to our customers and consumers.
SQFI certification is a voluntary endeavor, managed by the Consumer Goods Forum, undertaken by food industry leaders to promote a harmonized approach to managing food safety across the industry. For more information, please visit https://www.sqfi.com.
Our company is in compliance with all Federal, state and local acts, laws, and regulations (USDA and SQF Codes). Our quality control and regulatory affairs division teams are comprised of food safety and regulatory experts with decades of proven knowledge and experience in the food industry.
Our company commitments to quality management systems, food safety and regulatory affairs are as follows:
- To maintain a standard of manufacturing that complies with all Federal, state and local acts, laws, regulations and SQF codes.
- To ensure that all our food products are produced, stored, handled and transported in accordance with all relevant legislative requirements and customer specifications.
- To ensure that our premises used in the preparation of our food products are registered with the appropriate Federal, state and local authorities.
- To ensure that all risks associated with our food products are eliminated or reduced to a tolerable applicable by law. This is ensured by our HACCP, GMP and other requisite programs within our company.
- To ensure that all our food handlers, suppliers, contractors, service providers and contracted service providers have received basic food hygiene and food safety training including food security and food defense training.
- To ensure at all times that there is an authorized release of products only when they have been confirmed as complying with legislative requirements and customers specifications.
- To ensure at all times that our products released into the market place comply with relevant customer, statutory and regulatory conformity schemes.
- To endeavor at all times, to maximize customer and consumer satisfaction while reducing complaint level each year.
- To be proactive in promoting and encouraging a culture of continuous improvement within the company by measuring performance, taking corrective and preventative actions from any lessons learned and sharing those best practices with our suppliers.